Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Creamy White Frosting

This is a very good white frosting recipe.  I use it for cinnamon rolls (I add nuts), cupcakes (I add food coloring and/or a little bit of kool aide), or cakes.  After using homemade frosting, I can't go back to store bought frosting. 

  • 1/2 cup butter flavored shorening
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract (or you can use lemon or orange extract)
  • 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 to 4 TBS milk
  1. Beat shorening, vanilla, and extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.  Slopwly add half of the powdered sugar, beating well.  Add 2 TBS milk.  Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and enough remaining milk to reach spreading consistency.  This frosts the tops and sides of two 8 or 9 inch cake layers.
Here's my chocolate frosting recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment