Monday, December 13, 2010

Fajitas

This was totally delicious this evening.  I'd never really made fajitas before (there was a feeble attempt once upon a time, but I'd rather not mention that particular incident).  I found a recipe on allrecipies.com and was quite impressed. 

  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1-2 lbs meat, thinly sliced (I used round steak, but you could use chicken, shrimp, whatever you'd like)
  • peppers (I used one green and one red), thinly sliced
  • 1/2 a sweet onion, thinly sliced
  • tortiallas
  • sour cream
  1. Combine lime juice through black pepper in a large plastic bag.  Add cut meat and allow to marinate in the refridgerator for 2-24 hours. 
The rest I'm actually pretty fuzzy on, I'm not sure how fajitas are supposed to be made.  I just heated a pan and dumped everything in it - meat, marinade, peppers and onions, but it was too much juice, so I drained it into a bowl, and let the meat cook the rest of the way.  I drizzled the juice over the meat once it was on the plate. 

Does anyone know how fajitas are supposed to be cooked??  Either way, these tasted amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I used to do a lime juice, chili powder, garlic & salt marinade. Then you just take the meat out to fry and maybe a little of the juice. It still got a little juicy, but I'd just turn it up to high heat and let the juices cook off. I don't remember when I added the onions & peppers. It's really yummy on the grill. Then we'd serve with sour cream and guac.

    ReplyDelete