Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Brownie Batter Cupcakes


I made these for Cory's class for his 8th birthday.  (Yes, that's right, my Cory is turning EIGHT!)  The kids LOVED them. 
I almost forgot to add the toungues, so here the frog is without it.


  • 1 (19.5 oz) package brownie mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 (18.5 oz) package white cake mix
  • 2 TBS canola oil
  • 1 1/3 cup water
  • 3 egg whites
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Line 48 muffin cups with paper liners
  2. Whisk together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1/4 cup water in a abowl.  Stir just until fully incorporated, about 50 strokes; allow to chill in refridgerator.
  3. Mix the cake mix, 2 TBS canola oil, 1 1/3 cup water, and 3 egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined.  Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
  4. Spoon the chilled brownie batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 1/3 full.  Spoon the cake batter over the brownie batter, until muffin cups are each 2/3 full. 
  5. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
For the frog decorations, I used my creamy white frosting recipe, with green food coloring.  For the eyes, I used green lifesavers, and brown m&m's.  For the mouth: licorice rope, for the toungue: fruit by the foot.  Then I did a dab of white frosting for the nose.  Cute eh?  Before you are too in awe of my creative ability, I totally copied someone else online.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment