Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast


This is a kiddo favorite!!!  So oooey goooey!  And not completely unhealthy...

This makes 4 french toast sandwiches.




  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 8 TBS creamy peanut butter
  • 8 slices of bread (I usually use whole wheat)
  • 2 bananas, sliced
  • 8 tsp butter
  • I also use cinnamon and raisins
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla
  2. Spread 1 TBS peanut butter on top of each slice of bread.  (This is where I sprinkle peanut butter with cinnamon.)  Top half the slices of bread with sliced bananas (and raisins, if you'd like), and then put other piece of peanut buttered bread on top, making a sandwich.  
  3. Heat skillet to med-lo, and melt 2 tsp butter.  Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, then place on preheated skillet.  (I cook 2 at a time).  Cook a couple minutes on each side, until golden brown.  I add 2 tsp of butter to the pan each time I cook a new batch.  Once cooked, you can top with a little maple syrup and powdered sugar, or just leave it plain.  Serve warm with milk, preferably chocolate milk.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment