Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baked Pork Chops

This is a yummy way to cook pork.  Everyone in the family enjoyed it, and the gravy tastes great over mashed potatoes. 

  • 6 pork chops
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp seasoned salt
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
  • 4 TBS olive oil
  • 1 (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup white wine (which obviously I couldn't use, so I just added 1/3 C milk and a heaping teaspoon of chicken granules)
1.Preheat oven to 350F
2.Rinse pork chops, pat dry, and season with garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste. Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl. Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs.
3.Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops on each side until the breading appears well browned. Transfer the chops to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with foil. (I used a casserole dish and the lid)
4.Bake in the preheated oven for 45 hour. While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and white wine in a medium bowl. After the pork chops have baked for an hour, cover them with the soup mixture. Replace foil, and bake for another 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking yesterday how funny it is that you have a cooking blog now. In high school your culinary masterpiece was a microwaved pepper jack quesadilla with crumbled bbq chips and a sandwich with one frozen piece of bread and one toasted! I think you've improved! Altho, I do remember those being delicious, so maybe I shouldn't talk. heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA!! Kristi~I had totally and completely forgotten about that!!! Well, there was a reason I was so skinny back then.

    ReplyDelete