Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Acorn Squash

MMMM  I LOVE LOVE LOVE acorn squash.  I don't get it very often because the rest of the family doesn't like it too much, so I always forget how to make it and then I have to waste time searching the internet for what to do...so here goes...nothing fancy, just something to help me remember next time...

Microwave:  Cut squash in half, remove seeds, cover with plastic wrap and cook on high approx 8 minutes until tender.  Let stand 5 minutes.  Flavor with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, or dark syrup or brown sugar.

Bake:  Cut squash in half, clean, place cut side down in 1" water.  Bake 30 minutes at 350.  Pour off water, turn over and bake an additional 30 minutes.  Flavor with butter and other sweets. 

**I only add butter and salt.  To me it tastes plenty yummy without all the sugar/cinnamon stuff.  I can't vouch for the microwave directions, I always bake it in the oven.**

No comments:

Post a Comment