Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mini German Pancakes

This has got to be my favorite breakfast to make for the family. I tend to like the taste of the sweet breakfasts better, but I need something hearty that will see me through for a few hours. This has the best of both worlds. I made this recipe this morning and was suprised to see I hadn't put it up here yet.

  • 1 cup milk
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup butter
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F
  2. In blender, combine milk, eggs, flour, salt, and vanilla. Blend in butter a little at a time.
  3. Generously grease muffin tins (18-24)
  4. Pour mixture into muffin tins until filled about half way. Bake for approx 15 min. Top with fruit and serve immediately.
For the fruit topping, my FAVORITE topping is this:
  • 10 oz bag frozen raspberries
  • 20 oz can pineapple tipbits
  • 4 bananas
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • whipped cream
Just combine the fruit and brown sugar in a bowl, then top with the whipped cream.
For an easy morning, you can use canned fruit pie filling. We like cherry or apple. Mmmm mmm mmm

This recipe is pictured with a few cans of pears with cinnamon and brown sugar mixed with it. 


1 comment:

  1. i love this idea! i'm gonna try it next weekend. You could also try frying apple slices in lots of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon as a topping with whipped cream. I also like fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete