Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crock Pot Pork Chops

I don't cook pork very often, just not a huge fan of it, but it was on sale a while back, and I decided I needed to use some of what I had in the freezer. This was VERY good, good enough for company, I'd say. So moist it just falls apart, and the flavor soaked all the way through. And all the work is done ahead of time, so when company comes you can have a clean kitchen. Or, with a side of instant mashed potaotes, steam-fresh veggies, and a fruit salad, dinner can be on the table in 10 minutes.

  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 tsp seasoning salt
  • 4 thick-cut pork chops (I don't think mine were thick-cut)
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 1 (10.5 oz) can chicken and rice soup (this is very different from cream of chicken soup, so don't try a substitution here)

  1. Trim fat from pork chops. Combine flour, dry mustard and seasoning salt in bowl or pie pan.
  2. Heat oil in skillet. Dredge pork in flour mixture then place them in the skillet and brown on both sides.
  3. Place pork chops in slow cooker and pour chicken and rice soup over. Cook on low for 5-8 hours depending on how thick the cut is.

No comments:

Post a Comment