Thursday, February 4, 2010

Crepes Ensenada

This is a super easy recipe. I'm not thrilled with the cheese sauce, but the basic idea is pretty good, and I can't argue with how simple it is! If anyone has a better idea for the cheese sauce, let me know!

12 thin slices of ham (lunch meat)
12 10" flour tortillas
1 lb monterrey jack cheese, cut into 12 pieces (I just use string cheese)
7 oz can green chilies
chesse sauce (see below)
paprika

Preheat oven to 350.

Heat tortillas to soften. On each tortilla, place string cheese wrapped in the ham, and a spoon full of green chilies. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll it, enchalada style. Place in a greased 9x13 in baking dish, and pour cheese sauce over. Sprinkle with paprika, bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Cheese sauce:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp prepared mustard
1/2 tsp salt

In saucepan, melt butter. Slowly add milk and flour until thickened. Add remaining ingredients and cook until smooth.

I have never used all the cheese sauce, I might try halving in one of these times.

No comments:

Post a Comment