Monday, March 30, 2015

Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls

My sister made this for me when I visited her a few weekends ago, and I couldn't wait to get home and have it again.  And then I couldn't wait to have leftovers for lunch the next day.  And then again the next day.  Super healthy and super yummy.


  • 1 cup sweet bell peppers
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1/2 tsp garlic
  • 1 lb sweet potatoes
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
  • 2 TBS lime juice
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 3 TBS olive oil
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
  • sour cream
  1. In a large saucepan, saute sweet potatoes in a little olive oil until sweet potatoes are golden and soft.  Add rice, veggies, beans, broth, and spices.  
  2. Cover and allow to simmer until rice is tender, about 25 mins.   Stir in the cheese and top with sour cream.  
mmmmmmmmmm.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment