Saturday, February 8, 2020

IP Swiss Steak

We have a lot of beef in our freezer from getting a cow butchered, so I've been pushed to find recipes for cuts of meat that I don't traditionally work with.  Tenderized round steak is one that I haven't cooked with previously, but was pleasantly surprised with how this turned out.  We served it over rice.  Unfortunately, the tomato-ey sauce didn't sit well with a few of my kiddos sensitive stomachs, so I won't be making it too often.  Which is sad because I really enjoyed it.  Maybe next time I make it, I'll just give them a little pepto with the meal.  :) 



  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 sweet onion, sliced
  • 3 carrots, peeled and cut into discs
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
  • 16  oz round steak or cube steak
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 15 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 6 oz can tomato paste
  • 16 oz can beef broth
  • 1 tsp dried oregano

  1. Turn instant pot to saute, heat oil over med-hi heat.  Add onions and carrots.  Saute until onions are tender.  Stir in garlic and cook an additional 1-2 mins.  
  2. Lightly sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and pepper.  Place meat on top of onions and carrots.  Pour tomatoes over the meat.  In a small bowl, stir together tomato paste, beef broth,a and oregano.  Pour over meat.  Close lid, and make sure vent is closed.  Manual pressure cook for 30 mins.  Serve over rice, potatoes, or pasta.  

No comments:

Post a Comment