Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Creamy Italian Chicken and Penne in the Instant Pot

My generous brother and sister in law gave me the Instant Pot as a surprise gift!  I honestly couldn't believe it!  So, I've been playing with recipes, and this is one the kids and I fell in love with!  Not exactly health food, but sure was fast and easy!  Cory told me today, as he was eating some leftovers for lunch, "This may be the best thing you've ever cooked!".  Thank you, Instant Pot!  (And also Nate and Christy!!)



  • 1 lb cubed chicken breast
  • 2 cups penne (I used gluten free)
  • 1 12 oz can fire roasted tomatoes + 1 can of water or chicken stock
  • 1 TBS basil
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 oz cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese

  1. Add everything but the cheeses into your Pressure Cooker.  Push down pasta so it's submerged in the liquid.  Close lid and set on manual for 7 minutes on High Pressure.  When the timer goes off, allow for 5 mins NPR (natural pressure release).  
  2. Add remaining ingredients and stir.
  3. Garnish as desired with Parmesan Cheese, parsley, and cracked pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment