Monday, November 23, 2015

Hello Dolly Bars

Oh man, these cookie bars are amazing!  Sometimes I overcook my cookies.  It's true.  And it happens often.  In fact, it happens almost every time I make cookies, I'll overcook the last batch.  I don't know why, it's just how my brain is wired.  ha ha.  So, this is what I call making lemonade!  I'll freeze said overcooked cookies, and save them for making this delicious recipe.  :)


  • 1 1/2 cups cups (gluten free) cookie crumbs
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
  • 1 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk

  1. Preheat oven to 400.  
  2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter.
  3. Press mixture into the bottom of a parchment lined 8x8 square or 9" round cake pan to form a crust.  (I just spray the pan.)
  4. Sprinkle crust evenly with chocolate chips
  5. Sprinkle coconut evenly over chocolate chips
  6. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut.
  7. DO NOT STIR
  8. Place pan in oven and bake for 20-30 mins, until the top is lightly browned.
  9. Let cool completely and refrigerate prior to cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment