Saturday, November 13, 2010

Meat Muffins

This was a super fast dinner.  Cory helped me with it, so that was a lot of fun.  The kids really like it.  Not too healthy, but I figure it's better than McDonalds (which is what I was really tempted to do tonight). 


  • 3/4 lb lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1 TBS dried minced onion (I used about 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion)
  • I didn't add any green bell pepper, but I think that would be a nice addition
  • 12 oz package refridgerated biscuit dough (I used crescent roll dough)
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Grease muffin tin.
  2. In medium sauce pan, brown ground beef with onion.  Drain grease.  Mix in green pepper and BBQ sauce. 
  3. Flatten each biscuit and press into prepared muffin tin.  Make sure the dough comes to the top.  Spoon a portion of the meat into each cup. 
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes.  Add cheese to top and cook for another 2 minutes.  (If you're having problems with the dough cooking all the way, cook it for a few minutes before you add the meat mixture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment