Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Home-made BBQ sauce

  • 1 1/2 cups ketchup
  • 2 TBS cider vinegar
  • 2 TBS brown sugar
  • 2 TBS molasses
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp mustard powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp ground cumin (I might reduce this to 1/2 tsp next time, I'm not a huge fan of cumin)
  • 1/2 tsp ground allspice
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (I'll probably add a little more next time)
  • I think next time I'll add a little bit of liquid smoke
  • 4 lbs bone-in chicken things and drumsticks (I just used chicken breasts)

  1. Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside about 1/4 cup of the mixture. Toss the chicken with the remaining sauce.
  2. Grill the chicken over indirect heat for 15 min with the lid closed. Turn, brush with the reserved sauce, and grill until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 F, another 16-18 minutes. (I actually just broiled them in the oven, but they'd be even better in the BBQ)

No comments:

Post a Comment